Monday, December 10, 2007

Woman With Gun Stops Mass Murder in Colorado


An apparent maniac entered a church in Colorado yesterday, heavily armed. He had opened fire on a divinity school the day before and the New Life Christian Church in Colorado Springs took precautions. They provided security guards, including a pretty blonde named Jeanne Assam. Jeanne, a former cop, was licensed to carry a gun and was doing so when the maniac, Matthew Murray, invaded the church and began firing at parishioners. He killed two young women and critically injured their father.

According to the news stories:

The shooter, Matthew Murray, had as many as a thousand rounds of ammunition
for his assault rifle. With at least thousands of people still in the common
areas after the second service and smoke devices ignited, he could have killed
many many more than the two who did die. But Jean Assam stood in his
way.

"I identified myself, I engaged him and then I took him down," she said
at the press conference. "I didn't run away. I didnt' think for a minute to run
away. I knew I was the one given the assignment to stop this thing."

Murray is now in the morgue and a lot of parishioners are still drawing breath. Thank God for Jeanne Assam, who not only possessed a firearm but fearlessly used it in a life or death situation. She's truly a hero.

No comments: