Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mark Steyn Disses "A Grown-Up Christmas List"

Mark Steyn ridicules the new popular Christmas song, "A Grown-Up Christmas List," and just in time. This annoying song always makes my gorge rise when I hear it whining out of my radio speakers.

The "grown-up Christmas list" doesn't include a new X-Box, or Daisy BB gun, or anything fun at all. It is really a very liberal list of impractical and impossible pipe dreams, more designed to provide the singer with moral posturing and precious posing. This is a "grown-up" Christmas list? I don't think so. It sounds more like the platform of the Democratic Party.

The words are below. Warning: Overly specious content, may cause nausea in some conservatives.

Grown-up Christmas List
Music by David Foster Lyric by Linda Thompson Foster

Do you remember me I sat upon your knee
I wrote to you With childhood fantasies
Well I'm all grown-up now
Can you still help somehow

I'm not a child But my heart still can dream
So here's my lifelong wish My Grown-up Christmas List
Not for myself But for a world in need

No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts

Every man would have a friend
That right would always win
And love would never end

This is my Grown-up Christmas List

No comments: