Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Strange Feeling of Happiness

Every so often I feel happy, light-hearted and optimistic.  I am having such a moment on this glorious, spring-like day in Northern California.  California doesn't care what Punxultany Phil has to say about it, California always has spring way early.  The fields and hills are velvet green, splashed with a bit of yellow color from wild mustard and bits of orange from wild poppies.  My lemon tree is heavy with ripe fruit.  The state legislature is heavy with ripe fruitcakes, but that's another story.

I think the subconscious mind often knows things that the conscious mind is not yet privy to.  I hope that's what's going on with me today.  Maybe I just feel good from getting over the flu this past week; an absence of retching does wonders for the mood.

I've always loved the song embedded below.  It describes well how I feel right now.

No comments: