I wonder when the original photo was taken. Without the silly glasses she'd be quite pretty, with an appealing touch of melancholy. (Okay, I'm bent.) She didn't look like that for long after she started seriously on the sauce and putting unusual chemicals in her brain. She got puffy-faced and chunky.
But I'll say this: when she was on stage Janis gave the audience every bit of talent and energy she had, which was considerable. I saw her with Big Brother and the Holding Company at Fillmore West. How I wish I could go back in time and hear some of those San Francisco musicians again.
Rick, she could be pretty when she wanted to be. I saw her with Big Brother at the Losers' South in San Jose, and she was dressed very frumpy, no makeup. She did put on a show, though.
Lincoln and Total War
-
Who has not heard of Wounded Knee? Most know at least the general facts
surrounding what is acknowledged as an atrocity committed by the army of
the United...
Andy Beshear's New Religion
-
Photo Credit:
Mountain Top News
By Frank Friday
Preacher Andy seems to think that being a good neighbor is now about how
generous the government can b...
1 day ago
Commenting and Graphics Policy
I create a lot of original graphics that I post on this site and anyone is free to use them. Links and attribution are appreciated. The graphics I create are signed "Stogie."
Hit the Tip Jar
Because Fine Cigars are a Human Right
CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any comments, suggestions or news, please contact me at stogiechomper "at" gmail.com.
3 comments:
I wonder when the original photo was taken. Without the silly glasses she'd be quite pretty, with an appealing touch of melancholy. (Okay, I'm bent.) She didn't look like that for long after she started seriously on the sauce and putting unusual chemicals in her brain. She got puffy-faced and chunky.
But I'll say this: when she was on stage Janis gave the audience every bit of talent and energy she had, which was considerable. I saw her with Big Brother and the Holding Company at Fillmore West. How I wish I could go back in time and hear some of those San Francisco musicians again.
Rick, she could be pretty when she wanted to be. I saw her with Big Brother at the Losers' South in San Jose, and she was dressed very frumpy, no makeup. She did put on a show, though.
Missouri Car DealershipThanks for taking the time to discuss that, I really feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.
Post a Comment