Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Purpose of this Blog

One of the stated purposes of blogging is to start conversations. We bloggers trade knowledge, challenge each others' understandings, concentrate focus on matters and issues that mean the most to us. Like any writer, we struggle to find our voice, our message and ways of presenting them. I am still in the shaking out process. My posts bounce around between angered rants, intellectual discussions, humor and ridicule. One of my greatest concerns is Islam, a world force that I see as malevolent and hostile, the source of the next world war. Somewhere in my fevered efforts I hope to come to a greater understanding of the threat and what to do about it.

Let me say that I don't really care what various religions believe, as long as they are peaceful and do not add significantly to human misery. If Islam were just another religion, another attempt to make sense of human existence and forge ties with the Divine, I would wish them well and godspeed in the effort. My dispute with Islam is with its violence, hatred and oppression, its miserable treatment of women and members of other religions. Due to the nature of Islam, I do not believe it can be reformed. I believe that, for the peace and security of mankind, Islam must be destroyed in the end, whether in 50 years or 150 years.

I can tolerate ignorance, error and even foolishness, but I cannot tolerate cruelty, murder and oppression. So I will go on searching for the most effective way I can contribute to the demise of this evil ideology and will work with others who share that goal, no matter what their nationality, race or religion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»