Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Damn the Greek Olympics Committee; Political Correctness Must End NOW

Voula Papachristou
I heard about the Olympic athlete from Greece who was kicked off Greece's Olympic team for telling a mild joke.  I often forget just how vicious and over-the-top the leftwing culture has become, how destructive it is to freedom of expression and liberty in general. Western civilization, so often illustrated with the example of ancient Greek democracy, has been transformed over time into something very ugly, a gross distortion of what it once was and is supposed to be.

Rather than voice the dark feelings the incident invokes in me, I will let Lawrence Auster speak for me, by reprinting his article on the subject.  He writes:
ANOTHER NAÏVE WHITE MOMENTARILY FORGETS ABOUT THE SACREDNESS OF BLACKS, AND HAS HER CAREER RUINED

Jumper Voula Papachristou has been ejected from Greece’s Olympics team for saying on Twitter, “With so many Africans in Greece … At least the West Nile mosquitoes will eat home made food!!!”

A nothing joke, a garden variety, harmless joke, a joke that does not contain any actual negative statement about anyone, and it gets a woman thrown off her country’s Olympics squad, just before the opening of the Games that she has spent years preparing for. I did not know that the Greeks were so PC. I thought they were tough types, not hysterical liberal weenies.

As I was reading the story, my jaw was literally (not figuratively) hanging open, not because I was shocked that this would happen, and not because I didn’t know that anyone in a mainstream position who says anything public under his own name that is in the slightest degree “iffy” about blacks is taking his livelihood and his future in his hands, but because, for a few moments, I was at a loss as to how to respond to it. What do you say about a society (Western society) in which you don’t have to say anything actually negative, anything actually biased about any protected group, particularly blacks, to have your career and place in society destroyed, you just have to tell a garden variety joke? A society in which, even if you issue the most profound apology for your garden variety joke, as Papachristou did, that will not rehabilitate you? No. In liberal society, the society that worships not God but the nonwhite Other, there is no forgiveness.
The attitude of the Greek Olympic Committee can only be described as extreme and totalitarian.  Greece is a bad joke.

4 comments:

Mr. AOW said...

With all the jokes that I have in my collection, I would be exiled!

It is ridiculous to punish this athlete like this!

Mr. AOW said...

Yes, my wife registered me to comment in this system.

Stogie Chomper said...

It's worse than ridiculous, Mr. AOW, it's downright criminal!

Liberty At'Stake said...

So many possibilities if someone released a swarm of African honey bees on the White House lawn.