Monday, August 17, 2009

A Rockin' Sunday at Stogie's

Yesterday was a great day at our place. My older brother, "Bro" drove over from Nevada. He brought his keyboard with him. He, I and an old friend/musical associate spent the day jamming. We played music until our hands and fingers were sore. We loved it.
I haven't had any significant practice with a band in quite some time. I have spent the past several months practicing scales on my bass and playing along to recordings. That practice has really paid off: my ear has never been better; for songs that were new to me, I could ascertain keys and chords immediately. I felt a great confidence in my playing that wasn't there before.

Even better, my grandchildren were all in attendance, as well as all three of my sons.

It was glorious!

No comments: