Saturday, September 12, 2009

On Hoisting the Black Flag

For me, it's been a nasty couple of days blogging.  The left is so foul, so vile, so mendacious (oh hell, strike the pussy language. They're a bunch of damn liars).

In any case, my anger has been rising to a very ugly level so I need to take a breath and step back.  I stopped in at a blog by someone with the improbable name of Matthew Yglesias (sounds like a terrorist) where the liberal pussies were trashing the Confederate flag and I let them have it, both barrels.  They are cowardly, unmanly ignoramuses who dream of having a big government tit to suck on so they won't have to do any actual work or be responsible for themselves.  They call themselves "the Reality Based Community."  What a monstrous falsehood!  These fools haven't a clue as to how the world works or why.  "Reality-based" my foot.

Well anyway, you can see by my inelegant language that I am really in a foul mood.  I am reminded of two quotes from that lovable iconoclast, H.L. Mencken:
1.  The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And even if he is not romantic personally he is very apt to spread discontent among those who are.
2.  Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Number 2 is probably ascendant in my thoughts just now.  It's probably illegal, so instead of doing that, I think I will just go to bed.   Maybe things will look better in the morning.

Image credit:  Pajamas Media

No comments: