Saturday, October 15, 2016

My Election Intuition Was Right in 2008, But What About Today in 2016?

Eight years ago, on October 3, 2008, I had a sudden flash of insight about the looming election of McCain vs. Obama.  That flash of insight caused me to believe that the election was lost to the GOP, that Barack Obama would win.  I wrote:
My intuition is often very accurate. This morning when I woke up, I had a strong feeling of certitude that we Republicans are going to lose this election and that Barack Obama will be the next president of the United States. It wasn’t a panicky feeling or a worried feeling or a feeling of fear, it was a calm realization, an inner knowing. It told me in a quiet but clear voice that the election is lost. The inner voice presented it to me as a done deal.
I further explained:
The reason is simple. Americans just get tired of the same brand, the same color, the same style and want to make a change. It’s a gamble that they are willing to take, that some way, somehow, someone new may have the answers to the country’s ills just as he promises. They just want a change, and not for any deep political or philosophical reasons, but as a simple reaction to boredom. That's the main reason Hillary lost to Obama. The public is tired of hearing about the Clintons. It's an old book that they've read before.before.
What does my amazing intuition tell me today?  It says..."DUH!  Beats the hell outta me."

However, I do see some hope from that second paragraph above, where I said "the public is tired of hearing about the Clintons.  It's an old book that they've read before."

Let's hope they still feel that way.

No comments: