Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Making My Own Clip Art With Adobe illustrator

 I thought of another great use of my growing skills in Adobe Illustrator:  making my own clip art.  

Here is my first effort.  It is an Egyptian Scarab Beetle.  What are the red spots?  I believe they are meant to represent the Sun God that was pushed as a new religion by Pharaoh Akhenaten (Amenhotep IV, 1364-1347 B.C.).  Egyptians didn't like having a new religion forced on them, but they had to put up with it until Akhenaten died.  

Scarabs have been religious symbols in Egypt both before and after Akhenaten.  I remember when I was in the fourth grade a lady showed up in our class to tell us about ancient Egypt and scarabs, and to show us her green scarab ring.  I have liked scarab depictions ever since.



1 comment:

Lori W said...

Thanks for writing thiss