Thursday, September 30, 2010

Stogie Wins In Court!

I won my appeal before the Employment Development Department.

Now the EDD wants to interview me to see why I did not submit my unpaid claims forms in a timely manner.  The answer:  because the idiots didn't send them to me.  After two email requests without results, I finally sent a certified letter demanding that they send me the forms; they finally did.  (I tried calling but the telephone system there was hopelessly jammed for weeks.)

Fortunately, I documented both the emails and have a copy of the certified letter and receipt.  So now I have some more waiting and aggravation from the bureaucrats before I get paid, if and when I do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's great, Stogie, congratulations!

You'll get paid, it may take some time, but you will get paid.

Have a nice day,

Atikva

Bartender Cabbie said...

Sometimes it is worth the fight to get paid. I often think bureaucrats and insurance companies give people the run around until they just give up. It is a business strategy I am sure.

Adrienne said...

Yay!!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to this same level of government speed and efficiency when I am in need of urgent, emergency medical care.

kate said...

Très heureuse pour vous Stogie !

The Vegas Art Guy said...

When that happened to me in 2003, I got a big fat check within a week or two. Of course I live in NV, and not CA...